Followers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Holly Branch

Card Positioning Systems card above
Stamp TV//La-La Land card below

I made the card above for the StampTV color challenge-green and ivory only. While I was coloring the berries, I realized red was not green or ivory, was it? Note that this greeting is for the holiday season. I decided to just make another card like it without the red berries and bow. I combined The STVCC39, with the CPS142 for the sketch. I also decided to do the La-La Land, LLWC13-Thankful challenge. The card below is the result of the combo. Note this greeting is a thank you. I think I should have cuttlebugged the sage shadow panel on the card below, as above. Otherwise I like them both!
La-La Land Blog candy!!! Just participate in this LLWC13 challenge like I did and you could win these goodies.


card stock: handsome hunter, sage shadow, ivory (SU)
dp: none
ink: timber brown StazOn, handsome hunter; colored with sage shadow, handsome hunter, old olive, {real red, rose red for top card only}, stampin'write markers (SU)
stamp sets: holiday cheer and holiday greetings from the StampTV kit (GKD)
other: 1 3/8", 1 1/4" circle punches, eyelet border punch (SU) pinking scissors-fiskers (LCS) cuttlebug and folder (LCS)

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

They are both works of art! Beautiful!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very elegant! Nice touches on both cards!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Lori, both of your cards are stunning!!! Love that they are CAS...just my kind of card ;D. I am way behind in making my Christmas cards and this would be perfect. Hugs, Sabrina

Payne Holler Cards said...

wouldnt change a thing! just popped over from STV so I could tell you again - they are both wonderful!!!

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!
Thank you so much for joining La-La Land Challenge this week!

Irina Blount said...

Great cards!!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards!! I love the simplicity of it yet it is full!!! Pretty!
Thanks so much for playing along in the La La Land challenge!
:)Kathy

Kristine said...

Hi Lori! :) OH, these are GORGEOUS!! Love them both. Thanks for the comment. I'm praying things will just smooth over and calm down. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

OH, you asked how I got the little music ♫ notes ♫ - I found something online that had a bunch of character types you get when you combine the "alt" key with numbers! The music note is alt + 14 = ♫

A lot of times it won't work in email, but it works in blogging! YAY! ☺ This smilie is alt + 1 = ☺
and to get a heart, you do alt + 3 = ♥

Those are ones I use commonly in my posts. I also use the copyright symbol when doing watermarks, which would be alt + 0169 = ©

HTH! Hugs!

Maureen said...

Very pretty! Love that image and the embossing! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Donna Baker said...

congrats on your blog candy win! love the monochromatic clean & simple on this card! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rose Ann said...

Both cards are so very pretty, Lori!! I love the texture and pop of color on the first, and the monochromatic look of the second!