Followers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Comfort & Care

I chose to make a get well card for the There's Magic In The Air challenge found here, TMITA. Nina has so generously allowed us to use her digital image, Flight of the Fuschia, this week. This image and many more can be found at Paper Cupcakes! Here are the dets:

Patti J. Gilliam
brings us this weeks challenge. She wants you to use this image "Flight of the Fuschia" and Make a "Comforting" card (thinking of you, get well, sympathy, etc.), using Flourishes and/or Pearls As you can see I used both flourishes and a pearl!

This also qualifies for the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenge found here, SSHP17.

The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to go the opposite from last week's challenge and think "teeny tiny" when making your creation this week!! ;) Please feel free to interpret this as you see fit!!

I used a tiny image of the Flight of the Fuschia image.

Here is the Get Well part of my card. I am doing much better at getting these insides done!

Thanks everyone!
BTW-I didn't get the bug, yea! Must have had a bad lunch, : { Thanks for the well wishes!

Supplies:
card stock-regal rose, mellow moss (su)
dp-prints designer in mellow moss (su)
ink-basic black, regal rose, mellow moss (su)
stamp sets-say it with flowers (gkd) flight of the fuschia (paper cupcakes) baroque motifs (su)
other-pearl, ribbon, brad (su)

8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! Love your tiny bird, your colors and design!! Perfect for the Sat. Spotlight!! I am so glad you had a chance to play along this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Have a great weekend Lori!!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week and hope to see you next week too! Hugs, Olga

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love the teeny weeny dove! Way cool! Thanks so much for joining us at TMITA/PCC GF!
~Hugs~
Patti

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Lori! I love that you made the dove small! Great choice of colours and paper for your card! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Kim Mc said...

Hehe! I LOVE when the inside of the card is finished too!!! WONDERFUL!!! And great use of a teeny tiny image and that gorgeous flourish from SU!! (I tried to use it on my mine but couldn't get it to work out for me) Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC! Hope you can come back and play with us again next week!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Grace said...

Hi! Your tiny digi is so pretty! I love your use of flourishes for this challenge and the pretty inside as well! Thanks for visiting my blog!!! I'm glad I found yours as well!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the images and pretty colors!!

Kristine said...

This is beautiful Lori! That dove with the rose is so sweet and the big flourish stamp goes perfect with the dove! *Ü* Very lovely!